Bachelor of Professional Accounting (Honours)*
Whether students are aiming to be an auditor, business accountant, financial controller, company secretary, tax consultant or a finance expert, this programme will lay the foundations for you to excel in today’s dynamic business environment, and also provide you with a broad range of vital supplementary skills to help broaden your career horizons and give you access to more opportunities.
Upon completion of the programme, you will not only get exemptions from various professional bodies, but also gain a variety of skills in communication, global understanding and team engagement, which today’s employers are looking for in their professional graduate hires, not only in the Greater China region, but also worldwide.
This programme will give you an exemplary range of key business competencies for success in tomorrow’s fast-evolving business marketplace.
Professor Joseph Yau
Major Coordinator of Professional Accounting Programme
“Our Professional Accounting programme aims to nurture all-round prospective accountants capable of meeting the ever changing demands in the Greater China region in the 21st century.”
Thansuhang Dhan Maya
Year 3 Student Studying for the Professional Accounting Programme
“Centennial College provides a smooth learning environment where students are encouraged to explore all the possibilities to find the best of them. As a result, I am amazed to see how enthusiastic I have become to learning not for examinations but for future learning and development. Moreover, Centennial College provides varieties of courses in order to enhance students’ generic knowledge and to prepare for job market. One of them is the Accounting Internship Programme. Being one of the students majoring in BPAcc, I think it is a great opportunity for us to get to exercise our theoretical knowledge in the real world. I am very thankful to have such opportunity and I look forward to making the most out of it in my following semesters.”
Yuen Ka Chun Kay
Graduate 2016 (Major in Professional Accounting)
On graduation, you will be recognised by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) as accountancy degree holders and as having fulfilled the stipulated pre-entry educational requirements. You can be qualified as professional accountants by successfully completing the HKICPA Qualification Programme (QP) and obtaining relevant working experience.
Graduates are eligible for exemptions in:
- up to 9 papers from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA),
- up to 6 papers from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)*,
- up to 7 papers from the Association of International Accountants (AIA)
- up to 4 papers from the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS).
Also, this programme is accredited by CPA Australia for direct entry to the professional level examinations.
* Exemption from CIMA is for Year 1 entry students only.
The programme offers a broad-based liberal education with a professional focus in order to train up all-rounded professional accountants. After completing the programme, students will be:
- More globally attuned as a result of exchange opportunities in China and overseas; and
- Equipped with vital accounting technical and soft skills, through accounting internship program and monthly professional accounting seminars, for better career options.
The programme will provide you with an excellent foundation for a successful career in:
- Accounting in banking, insurance and financial institutions
- Accounting in government and non-profit organisations
- Auditing in CPA firms
- Internal accounting in business and commercial sectors
- Internal audit, accounting compliance and governance work
Bachelor of Professional Accounting (Honours) Programme is recognised under the Qualifications Framework
QR Registration no.: 12/000607/5
Validity Period: 01/09/2012 - 31/08/2017
To provide you with more exposure and training in the accounting profession, the programme offers a new elective in the form of an "Accounting Internship" which offers a 6-credit accounting internship opportunity during the Second Semester from January to April in their Year 3 study. Students will be able to:
- Build on the professional knowledge acquired in classroom learning;
- Gain valuable and solid experience in a working environment in accounting related fields, which include accounting, auditing or taxation work in CPA firms; internal financial and management accounting work in industrial and commercial companies, as well as in non-profit sectors; and
- Develop a range of generic skills (such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills) that are important in enhancing the future employment opportunities of our students
* The programme is currently under re-accreditation and is subject to approval